Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Casserole


I want to share with you this delicious family favorite meal that I made the other night that was a BIG hit!!!  I usually make Spaghetti casserole for our family with the left overs we have from a spaghetti supper.   Now that Micah and I have been trying to follow the THM life style I decided to make our favorite casserole using spaghetti  squash.     Let me tell you it did not disappoint!  It was just as delicious if not even better using the spaghetti squash.   So here is the recipe.

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

Spaghetti sauce (mine was homemade but you can use bottled or whatever)
cooked spaghetti squash
2-4 oz melted cream cheese
Cheddar cheese
parmesan cheese
2 handfuls of french fried onions

In the bottom of a casserole dish place a cup of spaghetti sauce.  Add 1/2 of a spaghetti squash.  Now spread your melted cream cheese mixture over the squash.  Now finish up your casserole by layering another cup of sauce, the other half of the squash and top it all off with the remaining sauce.   You can grate some cheddar cheese on the top of it.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  The last 5 minutes of baking you can add your french friend onions.

Serve with some grated parmesan cheese and a caesar side salad.


1 comment:

Denise Myles said...

I'm definitely going to try this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...