Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strawberry Short Cake


We got our Strawberries this Canada Day weekend all 16 baskets of them.  I am a little sad that we didn't get out to a U-pick to get them this year like we have in the past years. Oh well its probably for the best that I didn't try to take 3 children with me in the hot hot sun to pick as many berries as I needed! 

I love that the kids love to help, it might make the job take a little longer but its so fun being able to teach and laugh with the kids while we work.  For processing the berries I had a bowl for jam berries and a cookie sheet for berries I wanted to freeze for smoothies and popsicles.  Once the steam was off I would place the jam berries in front of Jaelyn and she would put them into the glass measuring cup.  




Here are my berries for freezing.  I like to freeze them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and once frozen put them into freezer bags.  That way when I want a few I can reach in the bag and get a few without them all being stuck together. 



Of course we had a few thieves in the kitchen sneaking berries.   He thought he was so funny!



I also kept some boxes for eating other treats that I will post about later but our favorite is of course the classis Strawberry short cake!  

For the biscuits I used this recipe from joy of baking.  I really love how sweet and fluffy they are. 



After a delicious summer supper of Grilled pork chops, BBQ potatoes and salad we enjoyed our very very scrumptious short cake. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...