Monday, June 4, 2012

Trail Mix Snack Cups


 

The other day I had some friends over along with their kids for a play date.  After trying to make a batch of cookies, which were a total fail, I had to put something together for people to snack on.   So I got out one of my favorite glass containers and started to fill it up.  First I started off by putting some almonds in the oven to toast them up a bit.  Then in the jar went raisins, craisins, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, coconut,  sunflower seeds, dry cereal (Life), toasted almonds and some chocolate chunks.  I usually use chocolate chips but since I didn't have any I used some left over chocolate that we had kept in the freezer since Easter.  When everything was in I decided to sprinkle just a little bit of cinnamon sugar in to the jar and stir it around.

I put the mix into these little silicon flower pot cups for the kids to eat out of.  I really love using muffin cups for snacks it great portion control.

This mixture can be stored in an air tight container or snack pack baggies to take out to the park, have in your car for that snack attack or even in your kids lunches (just don't add the nuts).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...