Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Smartie Cookies



 

These cookies are one of our favorites around here.  They are simple and quick to make and they make a large batch which is great for freezing.  You can use chocolate chips instead of smarties but its always fun to add some color to the cookies so I keep a stach of candies hidden just for these cookies.  I have done them with crushed up mini eggs, mini M&M's, chocolate chunks and of course the Smarties. 


Recipe

1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

2 cups oat meal
3/4 cups coconut
2 boxes of smarties

Beat Margarine, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Combine flour, baking powder and soda and add to margarine mixture.  Add last 3 ingredients and mix.  (I did it all in the kitchen aid)

Drop by table spoon and bake for 8-10 minutes in 350 oven. 

Makes 3-4 dozen


Yummy cookie ready to be eaten!!!


These two joking around while enjoying their afternoon snack of warm cookies.  I am playing around with the new camera I got for Mothers day and I love how I got this action shot of the two of them.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...