Friday, February 17, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels


I think chocolate dipped pretzels have to be one of my favorite snacks.  I am a sucker for sweet and salty.  Because I love them so much I try to keep this treat for special occasions and one of the them is Valentines day.   


                               



There are some disadvantages to pinterest and blog reading when you live in Canada cause a lot of the recipe you see we can't get the ingredients here.  Luckily for me we live close to the boarder and are able to get over into the states to pick up some things.  So this time around I was on a search for this Make Your Own Almond Bark Coating.  It was the best $2.88 I spent.  The chocolate melts so smoothly and it was so easy to work with.  I now know what I will be stocking up one each time I go to the states.  



When the chocolate was melted we poured it out on a plate so we could get a good portion of the pretzel rod coated.  Once coated we sprinkled with some valentines sprinkles and placed them on wax paper to harden. 





I love the colour of the pink and red sprinkles on the white chocolate. 



This was the special snack I made for my valentines party (post is coming soon) so I wrapped them up all pretty and placed them on my decorative plate to serve.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a plate of chocolate and a plate of white.




But in the end I went with a plate of them mixed together. 





For more awesome craft ideas check out tatertotsandjello. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just made these the other day too - I love chocolate covered pretzels - so yummy!! I am visiting from TT&J and would love it if you'd visit back!

Amanda
everycreativeendeavor.com

Lindsi B said...

Those look GORGEOUS! I love chocolate dipped pretzels...salty and sweet the perfect combo! I'd love to have you share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays link up! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-11.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...