Monday, January 24, 2011

Chili

This was a very delicious meal that was used for a couple of days of left overs and is now stored away in lunch containers for Micah to take to work.

Here is the basics of what I did.

Fry up onion, garlic, peppers, and celery

In a crock pot put in some crushed tomatoes, water, bbq sauce, chili powder, taco seasoning, a little brown sugar and add your fried stuff. Then add a can of rinsed black beans, kidney beans (really any kind of beans you would like) . Also I cooked up 1 cup of green lentils according to the package and added them into the chili to give it some thickness.

Towards the end of cooking I added some frozen corn.

This was very yummy served with my favorite corn bread recipe

4 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

I love frozen corn in my chilli :-)

Melanie said...

I have not been following your blog this month, but just popped in to find your email address (mine is melanie_sykes at hotmail), and read through your posts from the past month. I am SO hungry right now!! Your recipes are amazing, I will be trying lots of them, I'm sure! :)

Jerusha said...

Yummy! Have you tried the spaghetti primavera yet? It is best served with whole wheat pasta and parmesan cheese. So delicious!

Kristen said...

You've got some great recipes for your veggie month - this sounds perfect on a cold night

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...