Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin chocolate chips muffins

I love fall time and all the harvest foods that go with it! One of my favorites is pumpkin. I always buy pie pumpkins to cook up, puree and freeze. Here is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes.

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger (or you can just use 1/2 -1 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1 cup chocolate chips (more if you would like)

Cream together the margarine and sugar. Add egg 1 at a time. Stir in pumpkin. Mix together your dry ingredients and add to margarine mixture; mix until everything is combined and add chocolate chips. Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Hope you enjoy! You may also want to try these pumpkin recipes

cookies
waffles
dip
lattes

2 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Yummy, I have lots of frozen pumpkin that I wanted to make other stuff then soup with that would be a great idea :-) I'm sure Harry and the girls would love it!

Kristen said...

I love this kind of a muffin - a perfect fall treat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...