Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall decorations

I love fall so much; the colors and the foods are my favorite! This year we decorated the mantel with lots of fun fall themed things. I started out by framing some of our family pictures that were taken in the fall. Also I used my cricut to cut out the word FALL and framed that as well. The garland I made with my cricut as well.

for extra decorations Eben and I went on a treasure hunt in the park and picked up these sticks, pine cones and acorns. Placed in a nice vase they look beautiful. We also filled a vase up with some pop corn kernels.

Now the mini pumpkins and gourds we picked these up at the apple orchard last weekend. I love the white ones on top of the candle holders!


Its a frugal but very beautiful way to decorate. For more frugal ideas check out life as mom

2 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

love it, very pretty :-) fall is my favorite too!!! Funny I posted along the same theme as you today!!!!

Janet said...

I love fall and all the decorations that go along with it. You did a wonderful job using things both old and new to create a warm and welcoming fall mantle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...