Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Product Review

Ok I know I already did a whole post on how much I really like these Norwex products but I really want you all to know just how much I love the laundry soap!!

I received this laundry soap last Christmas and did my first load of laundry with it on boxing day. It is now Nov. 17th and I still using the same bag of soap. I figured I do about 6 loads of laundry each week. So lets do a little math together.

This week is my 49th week using the laundry soap.

A minimum of six loads are done each week

49 X 6 = 294 loads a laundry

Laundry soap cause $24.99 / 294 = 0.085

So for each load I spend ~0.09 cents!!!

I can't even believe how good of a deal that is!! The reason it is so good and last for such a long time is because you only have to use about 1 tsp / load. And even better is if you have a front loader you use even less so it will last between 18 months and 2 years!!!

Here are some facts on the laundry soap that you will find over here

he Norwex laundry detergent is seriouly fantastic. Things to know about it:
  • Safe for High Efficiency machines (please follow your machine's warranty, though)
  • Low-sudsing, scent-free, biodegradable and it washes 60-70 loads (or 120-140 loads if used with the Magnetball).
  • Superior stain removing powder, whitens whites, brightens colors and cuts grease and grime on clothes.
  • Has optical brighteners and color enhancers.
  • Contains no fillers or perfumes, so is safe for newborns and people with sensitive skin or eczema.
  • Excellent stain remover when mixed as a paste and/or a spray-on solution

NOTE: No fillers mean less wear, fading and pilling of clothes. There is no residue left on the clothes so clothes will not attract dirt as quickly. It decreases clogs in the machine’s drains, too.


The reason I am doing the review now is because my sister in law Deja is giving all proceeds from on line orders to purchase live stock for needy families in 3rd world countries. Why not hope on over to Norwex healthy cleaning and stock up!!!

For more great works for me ideas check out life as mom

4 comments:

Johnlyn said...

I'll have to look into this. I'm just about out of my homemade laundry detergent, but I'm not sure it's working really well with my water hard hard hard water! Thanks for posting!

Niki Jolene said...

Does it come in liquid? I have a front loader and cannot use powder, though the low sudsing quality appeals to me!

:)

MissDeja said...

Deja here (Katie's Norwex selling sister-in-law!). In response to the comment about using the Norwex Laundry Detergent in front load washing machines, I actually have a front loader, and have been using the Norwex Powder for about a year, and I LOVE it!

I used to use the recommended HE liquid, and found that my washing machine smelled TERRIBLE! When I did a little research about the smelly problem, I found out that the fillers in the liquid are partially responsible for the bad smell....there's actually animal fat in the liquid detergents, and the residue clings to the inside of your washer. When I started using the Norwex detergent, the smell disappeared, and I've had tons of other users tell me that they've had the same experience with their front load machines.

Because the Norwex Detergent is so concentrated, front load machines only need between 1-2 teaspoons/load (hard water a little more), and the powder dissolves almost instantly - I never have that icky poweder residue on my clothes.

Hope this is helpful!

Anonymous said...

There used to be animal fat in laundry soap. Note, that is soap, not detergent. Laundry detergent is petroleum based, but may contain surfactants that are derived from animal fats. These are not the same as animal fat in the same way that vodka is not the same as potatoes, even though it is derived from potatoes. There can be animal fat in dryer sheets, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...