Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Twice stuffed potatoes

I love making twice stuffed potatoes. Most people would think these take LOTS of time to prepare but with meal planning they are so quick and easy to whip together. But if you are in a hurry and want to spruce up the spuds here is a quick and easy way to make these delicious potatoes.

Start by washing up you potatoes and poking them with a fork. Then place them in the microwave for 10 minutes or until you can stick a fork in them easily. When they are done let them cool then cut around the top and scarp out the inside. I usually cook up the spuds while the baby is napping, in the morning or just before we are going out for our afternoon walk; that way I can let them cool before I start to take out the inside.


Place insides into a large bowl and mash with butter and milk. You can also add sour cream, cream cheese, or grated cheese.


While I am mashing up the potatoes I place the empty skins back into the oven. This way the skins get really crispy which makes it easier to put the filling in and it makes the potato taste better! Oh but wait before you pop the skins back into the oven rub some oil and sprinkle some salt on them! YUMMY!!

When the skin is crispy (5-10 minutes) stuff with potato filling and bake or broil for another 5-10 minutes. I when all finished we like to pour melted cheese on the top!

There you have it. Quick and easy twice baked potatoes. For more great kitchen ideas, recipes and tips check out Tammys recipes.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That looks SO good.

Raise Them Up said...

I love twice baked potatoes! Pouring cheese over them is a great idea

Micah and Katie said...

Now that I know what goes on behind the scenes, I love these and you even more! Micah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...