Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mini Mini Meat Balls

Long time...no post. With Monday being a holiday (Thanksgiving) I'm having a hard time getting back into a routine. I have been trying many new recipes so be sure to check next week for all the wonderful things I have made with delicious harvest foods.

Here is a post that I have been meaning to tell all you baby readers about. They are mini meat balls. You see at around 7 or 8 months the babe started his independent stage where he just wants to eat by himself. You think this would be wonderful but its hard to think of finger foods for him to eat. One day well making meat balls I thought why not throw some together for the babe: its a meal in a ball.



I didn't really have any recipe so I will just tell you what is in them.

Ground chicken
rolled oats (ground)
cream of wheat
Rice (cooked)
Apple sauce

I mixed all together and formed into mini bite size balls. Bake at 350 for ~ 20 minutes. They don't need to cook long as they are very small. Once cooked I frozen them on a cookie sheet, when frozen simply pop into Ziploc baggie. At meal time put some on a plate and microwave for 30-40 seconds. The babe loved these!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea. I love it that you actually know how to cook healthy! ;) I am not so good about that.
My friends and I do a mealplanningmommies blog at mealplanningmommies.blogspot.com. I think this post would make a great guest post. Let us know if you ever want one of your posts to be on our blog as a guest post. Hope to hear from you, Kate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...