Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome to the Kitchen

Hey come in a welcome to my kitchen!



I know that its small but it sure does the trick. After living in a one bedroom apartment with a small kitchen that had only one sink this kitchen is high class for me.

I wanted to take this week to show you all how my kitchen works, share with you some tips for maximizing space and show you some of my new organization skills that I have been putting into practice.

First is counter space. This is something that is very important when you bake, especially breads, to have as much space as you can. It's hard to get counter space these days since they house very important kitchen essentials such as the coffee maker and toaster. Plus we have lots of bulky appliances that make our lives easy just to name a few there are toaster ovens, sandwich grills, inside grills, blenders, food processors and the list goes on. One thing that I find helpful is to store appliances that are not used everyday somewhere besides my counter top and just have the important "used daily" ones out. For me that's the coffee pot and toaster. Another unit that takes up lots of space is the microwave.

This microwave stand was a great gift given to us by a dear friend when we moved into our place. It saves so much counter space and fits nicely into our kitchen. It is also great because the top shelf holds all our place mats, table clothes and a little basket that has our cloth napkins. And the bottom shelf (which is closed-in in the back) has my cook books.


* oh ya and another thing that is always on the counter is a block of knifes and a bucket filled with cooking utensils.

3 comments:

Kate @ A Simple Walk said...

I absolutely LOVE your yellow cabinets. Your kitchen is so cozy. I can just see all the great meals being prepared there.

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

I love the yellow cabinets, so sunny and welcoming!

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

My items stored on the counter are my Kitchen Aid stand mixer ♥ , knife block and untensil holder. Plus my sugar & flour canisters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...