Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chocolate Cranberry Muffins

I found this recipe while search through some meal plans and put it in my "must try" recipe section. And since it's been raining all week it was a perfect time to catch up on some much needed baking.




The recipe was easy to follow and called for ingredients that were around the house. One ingredient it called for was butter milk. I know that this ingredient can be easily made by adding 1 Tbsp of vinegar to 1 cup of milk but I have been looking for recipe that called for this lovely ingredient because a while back I decided to freeze butter milk in one cup portions; so now it was time to see if the flavor and texture would remain the same. I did make some alterations to the recipe; I used 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup dried cranberries and a few shakes of wheat bran.

The verdict: Once the batter was mixed it looked really thick and I didn't think that it would turn out. However they did and they tasted yummy. Next time I make these I would add 1/4 cup of apple sauce and 1/4 cup of oi.l

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...